Lagos State Graduate Internship Program
- Location Lagos
- The Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment was established in fulfillment of the promise of His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, to address the unemployment crisis in the State.
- The Ministry in pursuit of its mandate to create emloyment, has developed different initiatives. One of such initiatives is the “Graduate Internship Program”.
- It is a 3 month paid Internship Scheme for graduates who have been unemployed for a minimum of 1 year after National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). The Program is designed to give candidates an opportunity to develop employability skills which are often vital in securing employment.
At the End of the program, interns would:
- Have gained valuable applied work experience;
- Have been exposed to possible niche entrepreneurial opportunities
- Have built up their professional network
- Become more employable, having strengthened their professional skills and interpersonal relationships in a structured setting.
- The program will create an opportunity for Corporate Organisations to access best talents.
To register and be a part of this program, candidates must:
- Have an equivalent of First Degree or HND from accredited institutions
- Not be older than 30 years
- Be registered with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) How to Register with LASRRA
- Have been unemployed for a minimum of 1 year after NYSC.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a selection process, including testing and interview.
- The candidates who meet the criteria will be deployed to corporate organizations registered under the scheme
- The Internship Program is for three months
- Certificates will be awarded to candidates who have successfully completed the program.
Visit Lagos State Government website to apply