Logistics Officer Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location Abuja
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with NRC logistics Guidelines.
- Receive purchase requisitions and source bids & quotations for the purchases of goods and services in accordance with NRC procurement procedures and tools.
- Assess, negotiate and issue purchase orders & contracts to suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in accordance with NRC value for money principles
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and services as per purchase order & contracts, invoices, delivery notes and packing lists.
- Maintain proper files of procurement documents (Purchase requisitions, quotations, bid analysis, purchase orders and other relevant documents)
- Ensure accurate procurement tracker is in place and shared on a weekly basis with relevant staff.
- Maintain a proper vendor database with accurate evaluation reports
- Maintain inventory control system for all NRC’s non-assets (furniture, fixtures, low value equipments and materials, etc…)
- Conduct regular spot checks of stocks and inventories (stationaries, assets and non-assets).
- Responsible for vehicles and generators fleet management, including daily management of drivers
- Monitor the use of vehicles and follow up with drivers on the use of the movement board
- Prepare vehicles car pool reports and maintenance reports on a monthly and send to the Logistics coordinator.
- Prepare generators reports (fuel consumption and maintenance) on monthly basis and send to the Logistics coordinator.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures, for all equipment allocated to NRC staff.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report, Asset transfer is tagged in collaboration with Logistics Coordinator.
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 2 year experience from working with Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proven experience in custom clearance
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: 01 August 2017
- Contract period: 31 December 2017 (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Abuja, FCT,
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The title of the position (Logistics Officer – Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered).
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Deadline: 7 July, 2017